Friday 23 April 2010

After another hiatus I found myself being stuck in my room, and decided to use that. I took a few pictures of my window area and my stairs, and lowered the contrast to really make that tonal range quite broad.

Below I made a collage that is meant to represent the many tones found within the image, even if the colour or depth is not correct. I wanted this to be particularly abstract, or quirky and I was especially inspired by Pablo Picasso's cubism for these.

Again I used the text to my advantage and them accentuating the lines and contours of the image. Also I completely ignored proportion and rather went with just trying to capture the 'feel' of the room.



This one is the most bizzare and personally is the biggest departure from the original photograph. Here I decided to add tones that are not necessarily in the photo but to try and intergrate them in some logical manner. Here the stairs are reduced to a mere suggestion, the door mostly negative space and the banister is some obscure dark shape that draws the eye towards the centire of the picture.





This collage is my favourite as it has the most layers to it, being very weird whilt still, even more weirdly, retaining its essence with each of the forms being quite obvious.








No comments:

Post a Comment