Friday 11 June 2010

''Stresser!''

Martin and I sat down and discussed the main protagonist of our story, who would represent the downtrodden people, and their current state in the economic climate. In this case we wanted to go for your 'average' middle-class officer worker, possibly a family man- the sort of person who wold symbolise those effected by the credit crunch.



In my digging around for appropriate sources of inspiraton and reference I happened across this magazine advert insert, which is steeped in sattire. The symbolism of the noose around the Banker's neck as his tie is quite poinant and is precisely the sort of tone we wish to strike with our story.



Above and below are some examples of how the main protagonist may appear, I wanted to find images that really encaptulated this entire essense of being an officer-worker bogged down and under pressure due to financial issues.





One of my favourite pictures here of an office worker surrounded by 'fat-cats', perhaps alluding the greedy nature of bankers? That is certainly how I would interpret it, and I think this really nails the satirical nature of what we are after.







No comments:

Post a Comment