Wednesday 12 May 2010

Monster Pong!

Below are some screencaps of the 'Monster Pong' game in action!

I have to say I am very proud of what we have achieved here, the hand animations in particular, and I feel this game has captured the tone of what we wanted.


As you can see we applied the red and purple colours, alluding to the flavours, alongside the yellow crisp. And yes, indeed, I seem to have been thrashing the computer player when I took these!



I also suggested to ricky that we post both our games on the facebook monster munch page, and see what feedback we get from the site users, who all fit in primarily with our target audience.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Monster-Munch/76351448959?ref=ts

Despite our intentions to create three games, due to unforseen issues regarding the coding for Pong (particularly the headache of adding sound to the scripting, which was abandoned in the end) this took up alot more time than we had expected, and so we made the decision to leave out the third and final game in favour of polishing off this one as best we can. As I mentioned above, I am extremely proud of these two games, I feel they capture both the nostalgic feel of the Atari games, and fit right in with the target audience the brief asked for!

No comments:

Post a Comment